To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- HMIS 2-2-2-X
- Molecular Formula C12H28GeO4
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 308.94
- Purity (%) 97%
- TSCA No
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 109° / 30
- Density (g/mL) 1.025
- Flash Point (˚C) 68 °C
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.4141
- Additional Viscosity (cSt) '1.3, 20
- Viscosity at 25 ˚C (cSt) '1.3
Partial hydrolysis leads to chain extended structures.1
Intermediate for ?- and ?-barium germanate by sol-gel.2
Intermediate for Y2GeO5 by sol-gel.3
Intermediate for MgGeO3 by sol-gel.4
Utilized in Ge-doped sol-gel encapsulation of quantum wells.5
1. Schwarz, R. et al. Z. Anorg. Chem. 1954, 275, 193.
2. Yamaguchi, O. et al. Polyhedron 1983, 2, 1213.
3. Yamaguchi, O. et al. J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 1985, 68, C110.
4. Yamaguchi, O. et al. J. Chem. Soc., Dalt. Trans. 1983, 2139.
5. Ooj, B. Electrochem. Solid State Lett. 2004, 7, F96.