To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 236-998-1
- Synonyms GERMANIUM(II) IODIDE
- HMIS 3-0-1-X
- Molecular Formula I2Ge
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 326.40
- TSCA Yes
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) NA
- Density (g/mL) 5.73
- Melting Point (˚C) 460°
Forms stable ionic adduct with carbenes.1
Diastereoselective Reformatsky catalyst formed on reduction with potassium.2
Forms nanowires at ~350° in trioctylphosphine with Bi seeds.3
Forms infrared-emitting nanocrystals.4
1. Arduengo, A. et al. Inorg. Chem. 1993, 32, 1541.
2. Kagoshima, H. et al. J. Org. Chem. 1998, 63, 691.
3. Lu, X. et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2005, 127, 15728.
4. Lee, D. et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 3426.