To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- HMIS 2-3-0-X
- Molecular Formula C9H20Ge
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 200.85
- TSCA No
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 181-2°
- Density (g/mL) 1.000
- Flash Point (˚C) 48°C (118°F)
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.4594
Yields amorphous GeC alloys on pyrolysis.1
Irradiation of benzene solutions with Fe(CO)5 gives E-propenyl isomer.2
Reacts with unsaturated compounds.3 - e.g. with EtO2CN=NCO2Et forms Et3GeCH=CH2N(CO2Et)NHCO2Et
Reacts with amines and aldehydes to form homoallylic amines.4
1. Morancho, R. Proc. Eur. Con. Chem. Vap. Dep., ed R. Porat, Iscar , p. 381, 1987; Chem. Abstr. 113, 101763h.
2. Mizuno, K. et al. Chem. Express 1992, 7, 209.
3. Laporterie, A. et al. J. Organomet. Chem. 1975, 101, 187.
4. Akiyama, T.; Iwai, Y. Synlett 1998, 273.