- Synonyms SCANDIUM TRIFLATE
- HMIS 3-0-0-X
- Molecular Formula C3F9O9S3SC
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 492.16
- TSCA No
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) NA
- Melting Point (˚C) >300°
Catalyzes highly enantioselective Mannich-type reactions.1,2,3
1. Kobayashi, S. et al. Synlett 1993, 472.
2. Kobayashi, S. et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2002, 124, 5640.
3. Kobayashi, S. et al. Org. Lett. 2002, 4, 143.
4. Ishihara, K. et al. J. Org. Chem. 1996, 61, 4560.
Metal-Organic Chemistry, Applied Chemistry & Physics
Metal trifluoromethanesulfonate catalysts, or metal triflates, show advantages in their strong Lewis acidity and their increased tolerance for protic solvents and water, which can result in by-products of the chemical reaction of interest. In addition, metal triflates are generally considered to be environmentally friendly catalysts. This mini-review will present some examples of the applications of various metal triflates in synthetic organic chemistry. Click here for product information on metal triflates.