To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 255-272-5
- Synonyms POTASSIUM t-AMYLATE
- HMIS 3-4-1-X
- Molecular Formula C5H11KO
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 126.24
- Purity (%) 96%
- TSCA Yes
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) NA
- Melting Point (˚C) >160° dec
More soluble strong base similar to potassium tert-butoxide. Used in synthesis of substituted xanthenes.1
Employed in the preparation of a carbene ruthenium catalyst for olefin metathesis.2
1. Zavialov, I. A. et al. Org. Lett. 2004, 6, 2237.
2. Jaafpour, L. Hillier, A. C.; Nolan, S. P. Organometallics 2002, 21, 442.