To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- HMIS 4-2-0-X
- Molecular Formula C10H20CdN2S4
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 408.94
- Purity (%) 96%
- TSCA Yes
- Density (g/mL) 1.48
- Melting Point (˚C) 63-9°
Forms CdS films for solar cells by thermal decomposition >350°.1
Forms CdS nanowires on treatment with ethylenediamine at 117°C.2
In combination with (EtO)4Si forms SiO2?CdS nanocomposites.3
1. Tsuji, M. et al. Jpn. Patent 10 284,744, 1997; Chem. Abstr. 129, 333306.
2. Yan, P. et al. Chem. Comm. 1999, 1293.
3. Monteiro, O. et al. Chem. Mater. 2002, 14, 2900.