To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 209-146-1
- HMIS 2-2-0-X
- Molecular Formula C12H27AlO3
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 246.32
- Purity (%) 95%
- TSCA Yes
- Delta H Vaporization (kJ/mol) 21.6 kcal/mole
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 156° / 2
- Melting Point (˚C) 241-6°
Catalyst for Oppenauer oxidation of alcohols to ketones.1,2
Reacts with AlCl3 to form Al2O3 in non-hydrolytic reaction.3
F&F: Vol. 1, p 23; Vol. 2, p. 21.
1. Djerassi, C. "The Oppenauer Oxidation," Org. React. 1951, 6, 207.
2. Oppenauer, R. Org. Syn. 1955, Coll. Vol. 3, 207.
3. Acosta, S. et al. J. Non-Cryst. Solids 1994, 170, 234.